Over the last few years alone, we’re so happy to have played a part in helping many clients achieve their dream of homeownership for the first time. Many of our buyers are about to spend their first fall and winter in their new space! With the arrival of the Holiday Season comes great excitement, but there’s no question that harsh weather is on the horizon. Follow this checklist to preserve your investment and ensure your home is ready to stand up to the elements.
Golden Lenders Fall and Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
- Gutter Cleaning. Mid-autumn is a great time to prioritize ensuring your gutters are functioning perfectly. Any small clogs can easily worsen once more leaves begin to fall. From there, disaster can strike as soon as the next rain or snowfall. Avoid major issues like basement flooding, standing water, mold/ mildew growth, and siding damage by giving your gutters and downspouts some TLC!
- Fix Drafty Areas. Depending on where you live, you’ve likely turned on your heating system for the first time this season our you are going to be doing so within the next few weeks. From there, our heaters are sure to get in plenty of work throughout the entire fall and winter. Let’s make sure they’re not working harder than necessary by addressing any window/ door draftiness with weatherstripping and caulking as needed. Fixing these issues is also sure to help keep pests away that are looking for a warm space to ride out the winter.
- Freshen Up the Furnace. Speaking of HVAC efficiency, the start of fall is a great time to have a look at your furnace filter. The general rule is to replace your furnace filter once every 90 days, but you can feel free to stick with the manufacturer’s recommendation. In any case, a filter replacement can keep your air quality higher and energy bills lower this winter.
- Fireplace Checkup. If your new home has a chimney and fireplace, we’re approaching the perfect time for your first fire of the season. Now is the time to start stocking up on firewood! If you are unsure of the last time your fireplace was cleaned and inspected, be sure to schedule an inspection for total peace of mind before you enjoy the warmth of a crackling fire.
- Yard Maintenance. Multi-colored leaves look amazing coating the ground, but don’t forget to rake them up eventually! Doing so in a timely manner will prevent grass/ garden bed suffocation and position your yard for a lovely spring next year.
Achieve Your Goal of Buying or Selling a Home in 2022 with Golden Lenders
Golden Lenders helps home buyers in Colorado, Florida, and California understand the different types of purchasing options that are available and provides loans to help people achieve the dream of homeownership. Since the specifics of which purchasing method to choose is dependent on a variety of factors, we encourage you to call us for more information and find out which is right for you. Our number is (303) 482-2361, or you can send us a message.